baldwin saturday

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by riverrat85, Apr 3, 2008.

1. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    going to be hittin baldwin saturday morning chasin some cats if anyone wants to meet up. Ill be there when the gates open. anyone know if theyre hitting good at all? aint been on the lake in a month or so. Thanks

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Travis - I will be there with my old man Saturday. We'll probably be there closer to 7 - it takes dad awhile to get going in the morning. I think bwhupp will be there with his old man as well. Brian and I caught 2 nice blues last weekend - a 13 and 13 1/2 pounder. Tough getting bait due to strong wind. Supposed to be nice Saturday - hopefully the weather will cooperate for us! I'll be in my gray/blue Sea Nymph Backtroller. You may recognize it as Paul's boat from last year.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Yup.. I will be out there with my dad as well. Will be in the Gray and Blue G3 at 7am as well.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hey, you guys gettin back before too late? u got room for another?

5. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I might have an open seat in my boat.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well im off work sat, but i kinda need to be back in st louis around 7 pm, but ill be drivin myself, so shouldnt be a prob. if its cool, ill be at the gate with you guys, long as someone tells me where its at. ive never been to baldwin.

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Sounds like we are having a mini gathering at Baldwin. LOL

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck hope you catch a bunch of fish

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i have a big jar of shad gut im bringing.

10. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Shane might have problems with small channel with the shad guts but you never know a big blue might beat them to it. Good luck everyone hope you all catch a new PB. I already made plans for Coffeen or I would think about making the trip. I always enjoy fishing there.

11. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    yall have fun,and some one drift for a little while tell me what happends.one day danthafisherman and i drift there while others were posted up by tha bank,we caught a couple nice ones,and well they were still posted up by the bank.that was on that day.lets us know how ya did good luck brothers.:big_smile:

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Did okay today - a 9.5# blue, and several others in the 2-6# range. Did not do as well as bwhupp and his old man - I'll let him brag a bit later :wink: Had to leave a little early but had a good time once the fog cleared. I also had the pleasure of being searched by a conservation officer after we loaded the boat. Not a bad guy, just very thorough and doing his job.

13. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yeah, aaron, i got searched by that same officer, and i had grabbed my kansas license by accident. so i got a ticket. i gotta go to belleville to fix it. we did pretty good! catmankev caught a real nice 10 or 12 pounder and i got a 8.14 and a 5.11. kev should be around with the pic later. thank you kevin for a great day on the lake! cant wait to hit baldwin again. that is a great lake.

14. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Not a bad day, just wish we had a little more wind and some bigger fish. We caught 8 blues from 3 to 12 lbs. Here's a picture of Shane's biggest! It was good to meet you Shane, we'll have to do it again!

Attached Files:

15. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    We did good.. first time catching some flatheads! We caught them on some cut shad that I got lucky and found.

We got a 27.5lb flathead, 13.7lb flathead, 7.5lb blue, and a 5.0lb blue.

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    awesome job on the flatheads brian, and thanks kevin for a great time fishin. wheres travis? how did he do?

17. tswebb71

tswebb71 Member

State:
    So. IL
    Be glad you didn't spend your day at Rend. It was tough there. A few small channels and that was it. Windy as always. Shad were few and far between as well. Oh well, it is only going to get better.:wink:

18. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    WOW! I can not believe how FLAT the water is there :crazy: That must be a first, Congrats BW, they sure are fun eh...... Congrats to the rest of y'all too, Man just can not get over the water in them shots.

19. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yeah, I've NEVER seen it that calm at Baldwin. A drift sock wasn't even necessary all day long. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually wish there was MORE wind today!

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    It was an amazing calm water. A single drift across the lake took 4 hours. LOL. Was fantastic to say the least.

The Game Warden and DNR crew was busy when we were leaving for the most part. They were arresting some fellas who looked pretty shady anyways. They just wanted to see life jackets and livewell... that's all it was for me.