BALDWIN SATURDAY

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by riverrat85, Mar 5, 2009.

1. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    GOING TO HIT BALDWIN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME MOST LIKELY SATURDAY. CASEIN UP THE SHOTGUN AND BREAKIN OUT THE CAT POLES. ANYONE ELSE GONNA BE OUT SATURAY?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing brother

3. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    hey travis i think i will be out their mid afternoon maye eailer if u still have my # give me a call

4. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    HEY ILL PROBABLY FISH ALL DAY. I DONT HAVE YOUR CELL ANYMORE SO PM ME WITH IT AND ILL GIVE YA A CALL.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck on your fishing trip to Baldwin hope you catch ya a bunch, hopefully it will be a good year for some fishing, I will probably wait for at least another month before im able get out and fish again.

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Well, I was planning to go saturday. But due to the reluctence of my first grandson to make his arrival, I may be spending the day at the hospital while the doctor gives him a little encouragement. He was due March 2nd.

7. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Good luck with the grandchild,I'm hoping to get out there myself but 20t mile per hour wind can be a little rough on Baldwin.70 degree sounds awefully good though.:big_smile_2:

8. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    aahhh! A little wind never hurt anybody.:tounge_out::wink:

9. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    ive always fished baldwin without a drift sock and drift fished but this 20mph winds for tomorrow sound not good at all. if i run to cabelas and buy me a good drift sock do u think it will help even with those strong winds for drifting? and also which one do u prefer?

10. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    It'll help, but you'll probably be moving faster than you would like. If you get one, get the biggest one you can. If you want to drift sideways get two and size won't matter as much. Only problem with that is you'll catch more wind drifting sideways. Hope this helps a little!

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    1 drift sock wont do crap if it is that strong of wind... better off with 2 socks and a 5 gallon bucket dragging along! :smile2:

Best of luck to you fellas.

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    And a few concrete blocks on 100' of rope, :smile2: Think it was Cabelas they are on sale right now, may have been BPS, but one of them has the socks on sale now.....