baldwin report 2/28/09

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bluecatnut, Mar 1, 2009.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    well fellas yesterday was a cold one at baldwin the wind was blowin to the south all 4 stacks were going saw only 3 fish come out the water today 1 fella had about a 5 lb flat head then every one left because it was gettin windy and cold i think the temp was about 15f. i did not catch anything at the hot water ditch so i was packed my stuff and walk down to the crappers and finally found fish first one i caught was about 10-12 lbs then about 6pm my big rod went down and drag was screamin spooled half my line before i got to it got him in he was about 30-40 lbs
    sorry fellas no pics but will get a camera before the end of the yr. my 2 fish were caught on circle cut bluegil andcircle hooks all my fish were put back to be caught again .

2. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    yea it was a cold one yesterday i went out to old frankfort lake in williamson county till about 5ish and caught a total of 17 between 2-8lbs of channel cats it was cold but worth it glad to see i wasn't the only one out in the cold congrats on the big one! whats it mean when you say your bait was circle?? oh and i see u were in the marines?? i also was i spent 2 years in before i blew out my knee semper fi!!!!

3. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    circle cut means i start at the top fin with bait knife and half moon cut down to the anus then cut off the bluegills nose and hook the fish threw the eye to the brain housin group. it leave the guts in the bait bit puts off alot of blood and scent . when i get camera i will post pics