baldwin record

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bluecatnut, Oct 20, 2009.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    well to give everyone a heads up an old timer named al pulled a 70lb flat out of baldwin lake last friday and the fish was released in good condition sorry i didnt get a pic before he released it. so maybe next yr someone will pull the new state record . and this is one off the biggest fish pulled out in about 5 yrs the last was a 82lb blue

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    yea my buddy held the state record flat out of there for a couple years then the 1 out of carlyle beat him out,72 pounds and hes hooked into bigger,nice fish

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That is one heck of a fish!

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    You can bet there is a state record in there , flat and blue , maybe even channel cat .

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sounds like a hell of a fishery

6. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    my grandpa jim got a 70lb bule at baldwin in the 80s. had a pix. have to see if i can dig it up.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    as small as the lake is its surprising so many good fish come outta there.

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    It is fished alot also . Everytime I go up there I see alot of people out there fishing .

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian just think you have been fishing all around that monster for some time. You can blame it on your bait man. Tell him to catch you some bigger bait.

10. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    u didnt hear this from me but he was using bout pound goldfish :wink:

11. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    The state record channel is from Baldwin 45.4 lbs caught in febuary of 1987.

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    So called 'channel cat' is horsecrap. We all know it was a bluecat from that lake!

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    with the antics of brian and aaron on baldwin, im willing to wager that that fish was out there placing bets with the other fish on what was gonna happen next.:wink: sorry guys, couldnt help it:smile2: he was probably wide mouth laughin out loud, and happened to get hooked. :smile2: ahh, its good to be back

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Big Muddy - No Kidding! Unfortunately, Brian and I don't have many stories from this year - TOO much working, not enough fishing :confused2:

Mickey - Please don't encourage Brian. Besides, we all know that Brian is MY bait boy :wink::smile2:

16. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron does Brian only catch the small bait fish or has he moved to letting the flying carp jump into the boat.:smile2:I miss you guys interesting fishing trips.

17. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    while were catchin up i guess ill post some pics from the SC gathering last month. capt. jim kyle took me out and got me on some good fish.

Attached Files:

18. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Shane on the nice catches. He sure put a big smile on your face. WTG.

19. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    My poor boy Aaron has too much on his plate for fishing! And now the dreaded winter is coming.... just washed and scrubbed down the ole boat this weekend to store her. Not ready for the long haul of no fishing. I guess this is why people go hunting.

20. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Man now I dont miss Illinois, I'll be fishing all winter hopefully. The water temp is still 65-73 here on the James depending what area you fish.