Baldwin Questions.....again

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bad_fisherman21, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Ok i know the blues and channels bite good during the winter but what about flats? i know in rivers and stuff they dont bite accept during may june and july but what about in baldwin sinces the water is warm will the flats still bite?
    one more thing anyone know of a good website for wind conditions and stuff for baldwin?
    Oh yea one more question....the hotwater discharge....ive heard this a lot were is it and is it walking distance?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    You cannot get to the hot water discharge area . You can get to where the hot water canal come into the lake it is on the east side of the lake about half way along the levy that devides the lake from the canal . You cannot walk to it at all . If you get caught fishing in trhe canal you will get a fine .

Also the hours have been changed this time of year . Not sure what times but I think you have to be out of there at 4pm .

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hey ryan, you should flip your avatar over a little, it looks like the fish is posing with you:eek:oooh:

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Walk along the long dam on the northside and you can fish the warm water discharge area where it is getting pumped back into the lake. You can get back there or in that relative area where it connects to main lake.

I believe fishing hours are from 8-4 now.. might even be 9-4.

5. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am seriuosly thinking about going I don't have a boat so where would the best spot be ? I would think they should start biteing pretty good soon

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    No boat... go to the dam/levee/whatever on north side.

7. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    another good spot is the point by the boat dock as soon as it hits single digits i will be out their