Baldwin Lake in Illinois - does anyone have any recomendations for This Weekend

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by drcwaynem, May 16, 2006.

1. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Taking my new boat out to Baldwin lake this weekend. Hoping to get into some halfway decent channel, blue, and flats. I will be using bluegill, liver, and chad. I will be fishing the South Central area of the lake probably. Anybody have some recommendations?

Wayne

2. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    big blues and flats there! lost a couple of big ones at the hot water discharge this winter. with the warmer weather id go deeper obviously. good luck!

3. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks riverrat! I will do just that. My son and I should have some good luck. I will fill you in on how it went when I get a chance. Hopefully, I can get a couple pics to post.

Wayne

4. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    What technique are you planning on using there?

5. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Catman,

I plan on using a set-up that off a swivel with the sinker on the bottom and the bait between 6-12" above the bottom. Bait: Cut shad, chad guts, chicken liver, bluegill. Figure since the stripers like cut shad as well as catfish, I will probably keep one pole with cut shad until I go home. Probably be on the south central area of the lake. Any thoughts??? I am more than open for suggestions.

Wayne