Baldwin Lake fishing today.

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Gringoloco, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Riverrat85 took me out fishing with him today at Baldwin and we had a good day out. I had a great time out on the water and it was a great day for fishing. We had a couple bigger ones get away, I lost one when it broke my hook off and he had one set on the line and it managed to get off. We caught some nice eaters ranging from 3-5lbs and found a nice drop off area where they were slamming blue gill heads. Travis also caught his first Flathead on rod and reel. Attached are our best catches of the day, along with a pic of his Flathead.

Attached Files:

2. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    lol you beat me to it. we posted at the same time!

3. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    can u see the strain on my face from lifting that flatty. pulled a muscle in my right arm from that. oh well he will eat good. :wink:

4. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Yeah that flattie was a beast, lol! I thought you would of needed a hoist to hold it up so you didn't hurt yourself :smile2:

5. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    are there any flatheads in baldwin and also does anyone know a good spot for bigger ones neer the dock when you walk up the steps. ive never gotten any good ones all small eaters but never even 4 pounds.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yeah theres flattys in there. it mostly known for big blues. alot of people fish on the north bank. theres always a ton of people on that little point next to the dock, but they only catch little fiddlers usually

7. Bad_fisherman21

State:
    illinois
    IS there somewere that you wouldent have to walk a ton to get to?Cus i

8. Bad_fisherman21

State:
    illinois
    know of any that you can drive to and not have to walk a ton?And also i dont usually catch anything but channels from there

9. Bad_fisherman21

State:
    illinois
    sorry for the double post didnt think the first got up there

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I fished Baldwin from the bank for almost 20 years before getting a boat last summer. My best luck from the bank has been on the north end from the porta potty all the way down to the NE corner. Yes, it is quite a walk, but a garden cart or dolly make the trip much more bearable. BTW - my best luck from the bank was always during the winter.