baldwin drifters

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bluecatnut, Apr 29, 2009.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    my question for all you guys that drift baldwin what is ur biggest fish with said method

my thinking is bigger fish are being caught anchored

and another question is how many of you all drift the deeper ledges on the coldwater side cause thats where we pick up our bigger fish anchored up .

thanks fellas

2. USNTWEEK

USNTWEEK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good question, I dont drift myself but look forward to hearing what can be said about drifting as I fish Baldwin too.:001:

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My PB drifting at Baldwin is an 18# blue. We have drifted the deep ledges on the south end, but most of my biggest ones have actually come from the north side.

4. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    41 lb blue cat taken with a big ol shad head while drifting. i do not ever still fish or anchor fish. i have caught so many quality fish as soon as i started using the drifting method. its a great way to locate fish if you have no idea how to fish a lake as well. biggest is 11lb blue cat while anchored fishing.

5. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    sounds like i need to give baldwin a shot, and drift fishing

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Man Baldwin is funny sometimes for me drifting or anchored . I have actually caught my biggest blue there bank fishing . If you go about half way down the north side dam and use blue gill heads those big o blues are there . We have caught them from 5 to 42 pounds right off land . Now I think I can only fish from a boat and always threaten to go to places I used to hit from bank but find myself always in the boat ...lol .