Baldwin day after Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Dan the Fisherman, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I will be in the Baldwin area for Thanksgiving. I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together Friday to fish. I won't have my boat this time around. The truck's starter gave out today.:sad2: Won't be able to get another until payday. I will be bank fishing unless someone with a boat wants to get together. I will have my computer with me so if anyone wants to go just give me a shout.

2. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    i honestly might try to make it down there,i will call and let u know,so do we have to fish only the hot ditch or discharge while werer down there or can we walk right and go toward the fresh river water?i gotta find a ride,but man i aint fished in almost 2 weeks!

3. Dan the Fisherman

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Looks like the mile long hike into the hot ditch will be the best option. The hours at Baldwin are now 8am to 4pm. You know where I'll be. Give me a call if you think you'll make it. Remember it is my turn to catch the big one.:wink:

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Is it spring yet...

5. Dan the Fisherman

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Brian, I can't wait that long. Just waiting for shotgun deer season to pass so I can catch fish. I like warm weather but I love to fish. So if it gets above 20 degrees and the roads are passable then it is on! I am having withdrawals now just thinking about having to pass up this weekend. :sad2: I keep telling myself it is to cold out anyway. I can't seem to convince myself though. I know if the coolant lakes were open this weekend, I would be out there.:crazy:

6. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I am sooooo with ya on that Dan. I hunted this weekend, but kept thinking that if Coffeen were open I would have much rather been going after some of those Coffeen flatheads!!:cool2: One more day of being closed left and then it's on again!:cool2::wink:

7. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Are there only certain hours they let you fish down there

8. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    ues baldwin has winter hrs 8-4 but they open the gate at 730 summer hrs are 6-9 i hope this helps