Baldwin Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman369, May 22, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Heading to Baldwin lake tomorrow to catch some blues . Stocked up on bluegills today . We caught 304 bluegill I kept 85 for bait in the freezer gave the others away . Hope to get a few nice ones . Maybe even get some pictures .

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Lots of Luck tomorrow Floyd, hope the wind stays down for y'all..... snatch a few of them pigs.....

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    is baldwin realy that good, i mean why hit baldwin wen you can hit altone, unless its awsom, and your guerted a blue, i fished powertone, its the northern vdersion of baldin, good blues, awsome,, please excuse the typing, got big hands,lol but you get what it says

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I fish Baldwin a lot because it is decent year round as it is a power plant lake. I also fish there because it is half an hour for me to be there and in the water! So it is close by for me.

I really enjoy the fishery there. Tons of blues in there and some real monsters are available if you can get them!

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I didnt get to go . Woke up sick with a sinus cold .

Baldwin is a great lake for trophy cats . I go alot of places just to have a change . We might get a wild hair and end up fishing 3 states away . For the most part we stay here in washington county .

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    id fish it but its not worth the drive im in decater area, moweaqua, so if i left, it wwould not be worth it unless the blues were huge and eays to hook, from the bank, if i went down, and dident get a 40, id be mad, but powertone is the northern version of baldwin, just not as far . but i think baldwin has a better blue population,

7. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    baldwin is the best cat lake in state i have always heard. i believe the state record channel cat came from there. but i know alot of huge blues come from there and i know alot of people bank it.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Not sure I could go that far with it, Yes it is a great fishery but the best, I just don't know...... 1/2 the time your better off from bank there, if there is any wind at all, Like Carlyle, seems them good fisheries are wind traps, :smile2:. Maybe that is why ? less pressure?

Slik, DUDE! you have got to change your way of thinking about fishing, or one day your just gonna stop because there will be no more big fish for ya to catch :wink: I mean after ya hold all 3 cat world records what is left :eek:oooh: :tounge_out: