Bald Eagle State Park (Sayers)

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by trackeryak, Aug 2, 2006.

1. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    My wife and I just got back from a camping trip to Bald Eagle State Park. At night we fished for crappie off of the handicapped fishing pier. Tuesday night I tossed out one rod and fished a whole raw shrimp on the bottom while we fished for crappie (we caught over 100 crappie in two nights of a couple hours per night). Caught one 26 to 28 inch channel cat that put up one heck of a fight!

2. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Way to go, Thats alot of crappies in just a short time

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    That is a great place to fish! I go there all the time! I never used shrimp though, thought since it wasn't part of their natural forage that they would pass it up...shows what I know, huh? LOL! You should try Blanchard (Foster, Joseph Sayers) Dam or go up to Little Pine dam! Great fishing there!

Little Pine State Park
    4205 Little Pine Creek Road
    Waterville, PA 17776-9705
    570-753-6000
    Manager: John Gasperine
    E-mail: littlepinesp@state.pa.us
    An equal opportunity employer
    Fishing: The 94-acre Little Pine Lake has 3.3 miles of shoreline. There is also 4.2 miles of stream. These warm-water and cold-water fisheries have stocked and native trout (brook, rainbow and brown), smallmouth bass, pickerel, sunfish, catfish and perch. This diversity provides good fly, bank and boat fishing. There is a special regulation, artificial-lure only, fishing area along Little Pine Creek in the northeast section of the park. Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission laws apply.
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/STATEPARKS/PARKS/littlepine.aspx

4. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    man i love fishing at the bald eagle state park,,, ive caught some huge fish outta there.. the biggest was a bullhead it was 36 inches, thats a good size around here..... i caught some good size crappies outta the spill way area, that runs right into the bald eagle creek,.....

5. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Not my side of the state...LOL

Good Luck to yas

Josh

6. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Way to go Tim!!!! With all this heat latly I'm not even going out of the house. Look's like the weather broke a little so I might hit the river tomorrow.

7. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    I'd love to have seen that bullhead. The biggest one I ever caught was 17".:roll_eyes:

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    thomcat - You must of caught a 36" Channel Cat cause a 36" Bullhead would be a world record!:eek:oooh:

9. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    It's not hard catching crappie at Bald Eagle that's for sure. Even though they were small, it was still fun.

I never fished for catfish at Bald Eagle but thought what the heck and was pleasantly rewarded with a nice one.

10. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    I don't blame you one bit Jim for staying inside. That's what we did Thursday until we hit Opossum Lake at 8 pm once it started to cool down. All of my fishing the last few weeks has been late in the evening/after dark. Too dang hot to be outside during the day. I hope the weather breaks like they are calling for, should make for a nice few last days of vacation.

11. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    where is Bald Eagle I am in the Lehigh Valley area!!!!!!!!!!!