Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Baitstick

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  StormCaster 
#1 ·
I like to use sabiki rigs to catch bait when I am bank fishing because it gives me something to do while I am waiting for a bite. I have seen on the Bass Pro site thier Baitstick rod which is suppose to allow you to reel the sabiki rig into the rod when you are finished for easy storage. This sounds like a good idea. I was just wondering if anyone has ever used one of these.
Thanks

#3 ·
Save your money. You can use any light tackle to work the sabiki rig. When fishing from a boat for skipjack I have often used a cane pole with the rig tied on the end. It worked just fine. I hope this helps.

#5 ·
Save your money. You can use any light tackle to work the sabiki rig. When fishing from a boat for skipjack I have often used a cane pole with the rig tied on the end. It worked just fine. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, I do use a light spinning rig, but this Baitstick I was asking about is suppose to store the sabaki rig in the rod blank. So when you are finished all you do is reel it up and the whole rig goes in the rod.
I have a tough time storing them.

#7 ·
#8 ·
I Think that sabiki rig would work real good for catching bait. But I don't think We can use it here in Iowa, because We can only use 2 hooks per line.J.D.

#9 ·
Not sure about the rod, but I store my sabaki rigs by wrapping them around a short piece of foam noodle. I put a small jig on the end of the sabaki stick the hook into the noodle wrap the rig around the noodle sticking each hook into it as I come to them when I get to the front swivel I push it into the noodle. It keeps them all nice and neat ready for the next time.

#10 ·
These rigs are in stores on the west coast used mostly for offshore bait cathering for salt water. We are limited to 2 hooks on land, and can use a 6 hook ganion for sand dabs...

The pole is nice. I have not wanted to spend the $40 price that I have seen for them..... it would be nice to have as those little hooks can catch everything real easy... other lines, hooks, bodies etc.

bayrunner ray

#11 ·
I Think that sabiki rig would work real good for catching bait. But I don't think We can use it here in Iowa, because We can only use 2 hooks per line.J.D.
JD give it a try. If you get caught I'll bail you out this time. You could also cut it into and throw one little hook away this would make you two sets for the price of one. No just kidding buddy.:big_smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.