BAITS?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by armyfisher, Sep 17, 2008.

1. armyfisher

armyfisher Member

State:
    georgia
    I know everyone has their own secrets for bringing in the trophy catfish of the night, from live bream herring skipjack to livers stink and dough baits. i've done some research and think it might work out really well considering the terrain that i am fishing. EELS just some plain live 4-8 inch eels either cut or live just want to know if some of ya have used them with sucess or if given the opportunity to use them or not. just want to know what yall think thanks brothers:big_smile:

2. hamhock 99

hamhock 99 New Member

State:
    connecticut
    never tried it i would assume it would work. if whole ones dont work at first try giving um a few cuts or chop um in half. the other thing you have to consider to is if the area you are fishing in has eels or not cause if one lake aint got um and you bring um in it could cause some damage, i'm not trying to put you down or anything but make sure first before you try using a different spieces. but hey best of luck and let me know if it works out for you.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Never heard of anyone trying them, but if they are native, they may work. Anything is worth a try!

4. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    they work in the altamaha river i use them if i can not get bream