Baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Gaspagoo, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Gaspagoo

Gaspagoo New Member

State:
    Alabama
    What would you sugest i would use,if i wanted it to stay on the hook, but still be affective in catching catfish?

2. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Any cutbait would do. Such as shad, bream, or herring. Chicken livers, especially cured, stays on the hook really well. Look in the library on here for some good info on baits.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome Ben to the best outdoors site on the web. Here we use live and cut shad alot. I really like small perch if i'm targeting flatheads however. I personally think blues will eat cut bait as good and sometimes better than live bait.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I see the brothers have already answered your question, so I will just Welcome you to the BOC.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

5. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Everything flys off the hook, just depends. Personally i myself and everyone else on here uses lots of cut bait (bluegills, herring, carp, etc...) but if im fishing for eater sized cats i just stick with dip bait.

6. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

The best bait I have found was eel. Now eel will stay on the hook until a fish gets it or you take it off to put a fresh piece on.

7. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I would have to vote for cut bait or live bait as easiest to keep on the hook.

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I like cut shad or skipjack. But if you're really having trouble keeping this on your hook, try these: carp, with the hook stuck through the skin; bacon; salt pork; chitlings marinaded in your favorite scent, such as garlic, anise, shrimp, etc. I don't think these are as effective as cut shad or skipjack, but you've got to keep the bait on your hook to catch fish, and these baits will catch fish.

9. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ya use cut baits shad, skipjack anything in that nature. dont go out and bye the already packaged shad those do not work they fall right off the hook

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC Ben.

Check out the member library there is a world of information in there.