Baits!

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by LITTLE FISH, May 5, 2007.

1. LITTLE FISH

LITTLE FISH New Member

State:
    New Paris, Ohio
    Hey guys I no this is a catfish website but i need some help...

I need some good easy recipes for carp because I want to try some new things

2. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    corn, corn, and more corn. That's really all u need to consistanly catch carp. I've tried some other things like dough baits, boilies, and pack baits, but they're more of a hassle, and didn't produce any more, or bigger fish than plain old, cheap, canned corn. Make sure to chum up w/ a can before u fish tho.

3. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I agree, when I want to watch the kids eyes really get big I put a piece of corn on there hooks and take them somewhere I know there are carp. I have never caught a carp unless I was trying to, with corn. You can buy 1 can of cream corn if you want to chum it up, then stick with the good old fashioned can corn for bait.

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have always had great luck with Corn, another alternative that is even cheaper then corn is good ol' go to bait: nightcrawlers....

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    doughballs work really well but i lost my recipe. google it and u should find somethin. corn works and so do nightcrawlers

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    i don't think the cost of a can of corn would deter ANYONE from using it. I went to the grocery store 2 days ago and picked up 10 large cans of corn for under $4. lol! You really can't go wrong with corn, i can't stress that enough!!!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. Corn will get the job done.:lol:

8. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just take some white bread, has to be fresh and mash it into a ball on your hook, thats all I used to use and it worked great.

9. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I use other baits also, but corn is my mainstay.

10. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    i use millet grape,strawberry,orange,banana butternut all that stuff and i use corn i use cornmeal to well hope this helps.

11. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Corn works the best for me!

12. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
  13. BassTrackerMac

BassTrackerMac New Member

State:
    Liberty, SC
    I try to "chum" them up with that floating fish food (10$ for a 50# sack @ the feed store) then I hit'em with corn or dough ball. Keep an eye out for some nice gills, cats, & bass when you get those carp in a feeding frenzy. those other fish will get in with that bunch of carp. the gills try to eat what is left over from the fish pellets, so then the bass will try to feed on the gills. The cats will feed on the gills or just about anything else they can find.