Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a friend on Drowning Creek who has a cabin with a dock located about 15 feet from the feeder creek channel in Drowning Creek. We fish it during summer months and have used Bar S Hotdogs, Cheese Bait and even worms on a treble hooks with very few catches. I came through town the last time over and bought some Danny King's Original Punch Bait, we went to his dock, early evening and fished until 10:00pm. We had to turn-on the lights to continue. We caught 20+ Channels in 4 hours, and one was a 15 lb Channel Cat. Biggest my friend had ever caught. It's the only area I've fished On Grand where it is entirely Channel Catfish we catch, not one Blue or Flathead. And Danny King's works well, not sure why.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I use DK's for chum some times, I crush up the cheapest dry cat/dog food I can find stir it up and start flinging it all around. I think it's decent stuff I just couldn't keep it on a hook without stuffing it in pantyhose first myself

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,143 Posts
I have a friend on Drowning Creek who has a cabin with a dock located about 15 feet from the feeder creek channel in Drowning Creek. We fish it during summer months and have used Bar S Hotdogs, Cheese Bait and even worms on a treble hooks with very few catches. I came through town the last time over and bought some Danny King's Original Punch Bait, we went to his dock, early evening and fished until 10:00pm. We had to turn-on the lights to continue. We caught 20+ Channels in 4 hours, and one was a 15 lb Channel Cat. Biggest my friend had ever caught. It's the only area I've fished On Grand where it is entirely Channel Catfish we catch, not one Blue or Flathead. And Danny King's works well, not sure why.
Have you ever tried CJ's punchbait?
Comes in several flavors: shad, nightcrawler, Monster, etc.
It's reasonably priced, so I have 5 or 6 flavors.
Works fairly well here.

Reactions: Herbhome
1 - 3 of 3 Posts