Baits For the Cape Fear.

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by kittykathunter19, Jul 27, 2009.

1. kittykathunter19

kittykathunter19 New Member

State:
    Wilmington, North Carolin
    Hey guys thanks for all the good responses in my previous thread. Right now i am trying to get my posts up so i can talk to others thru PM's.....So i am looking for a real good bait to use in the Cape fear river, i usually put in at the Castle Hayne Area, Any ideas guys? Thanks for all ur help and support.....Damon:big_smile:

2. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Ya definetly try eels . I cut them right behind their a**hole and that will give you two good baites . Run your hook in through where you cut them and out through the dark side (it's a little tougher) . I don't know what size hooks your using but I use 8 ote circle hooks or 6-8 ote J-hooks . You can also use hole live or cut bream . Good luck and let us know how you do . :wink::big_smile:

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    DAMON THAT OLD DOCK TO THE RIGHT OF BATTLESHIP PARKING LOT IS 1PLACE TO TRY FOR EELS WITH SHRIMP ,USE A SPOT RIG WITH SAY #6 HOOK:wink:

4. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    hello damon......1st off welcome to the boc.......dumptruck is the book of knowledge for that area..........but as catfishhunter and tokat has said.........eel is the universal bait........and as dumptruck said........the ramp by the battleship normally turns up a few...........we're all glad to have you aboard and look forward to sharing knowledge with you !:wink:

5. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    DAMON I WISH I DID KNOW ALOT ABOUT CATFISHN THIS AREA I,M LEARNING MY SELF RANDY IS THE EXPERT AROUND HERE ,HE SHOWED ME A FEW SPOTS TO FISH :wink:

6. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    hey dumptruck.......we might head toward the battleship this weekend!.........you going to be around?

7. catinthenet

catinthenet New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I HAVE HEARD OF PEOPLE USING FINGER MULLET DOWN IN THAT PART OF THE RIVER.

8. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    never had alot of luck with mullet.............tommy used some "arm" mullet weekend before last caught at a favorite bait spot............no luck what so ever!

9. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    I seem to do ok with beef livers. Chicken livers fall off so easy. My son and I got the four in our picture this saturday in about 3 hr's on beef lives. I would like to ty eels? Where can a person buy them?

10. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    The big city of Lumberton NC. LOL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  11. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    as far as i know this weekend i will be here but not the weekend of the tourney