Bait's are in the water!!

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by coolarrow2, Nov 17, 2006.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went and caught bait today and I've got 75 pretty bait hainging on eagle claw 090 SS 9/0 hooks in the trinity river right now! Every thing from blue gills to green ears and about 8 mudcats. The river looks good but the ramp sucks here at Liberty. Sanded in bad but we got the boat in, it will be a pain to launch in the morning! I hope the big cat's make it worth it!!! :big_smile:

2. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    What part of the trinity river are you in? I am near George West (Mathis) Texas.

I am sure you will catch fish on your live baits, wish I was fishing right now.

Where do you get your 090SS hooks, I can only find them a few places on the net and one place in town and they want 34 cents for a 5/0!

Thanks

Nathan

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well The fish were biting! I got 4 flats the biggest was 14lbs and 5 blues the biggest was 12lbs. The ramp is sanded in bad! I had to pull out my lines Saturday morning. It took over a hour to get the boat in and two hours to get it out. I had to get my lines and the fish I knew I had on them though. I did loose 3 good fish, one straightened out a 9/0 hook and two were pull off's, good slime on all three staigens. the one that pulled the hook straight dragged a 10lb weight up river 30' into a snag. after he hung up one of the other hooks he was able to bend the hook he was on. I hate to loose a good fish but I love to know a big one is there!! :)
    I'll be calling the state tomorrow to see if I can get them to clean out the ramp.

4. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on the successful trip...y r u calling the state about the sand?...u mean u don't like spending that much time trying to get ur boat in and out? :lol:

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like you all had a great trip.... Temps here in Indiana are near freezing.. Would like to go hit some places and catch a few crappie. Thats all i can catch when it this cold.. Best of luck to ya on the next trip.....

6. fichere

fichere New Member

State:
    alabama
    congrats on the catch but more so on getting boat out. i went saturday. tight lined & caught 2 blue 1 16# 1 2#. had a buddy go yesterday & he really caught them. i was down river & he was up congrats again
    fichere

7. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Dang sorry to hear that you lost 3 good ones. Must have been a 50+ lb'er to straighten a 9/0, after all we are using the same hooks and when they get that big WATCH OUT!haahaa

To answer your message, I buy them from my local hardware store, can't find them anywhere else.

Nathan

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats and thanks for the report

9. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nathan what river do you fish in south Texas?

10. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Nueces River leading to Lake Corpus Christi. We've had our place since the 60's right on the river in Swinney Switch.

11. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    sounds like yall had a good time! wish i was back out on the trinity!