Baiting An Area?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by miichael, Jul 15, 2006.

1. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Can i get some info on baiting in a area for blues and channels? Alot of times ill throw in all my bait when im done fishing but then the fish just eats it all and dont hang out. I was thinking about using dogfood in a sack or something so they couldnt eat it. Let the smell draw them in and keep them there till the next weekend for me to fish. Whats the best way to bait a catfish hole?

2. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Im going to try soured milo in a burlap sack. I havent ever tried baititng before so maybe it will work.

3. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Check out the library, lots of guys here chum to make "hog holes".

4. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Micheal get an old burlap (gunny sack) bag. Go to meat department of your local store and ask the butcher for any, all the chicken scraps, out dated chicken, parts or whole, beef liver, anything bloody. Put your goodies in your bag, cut off excess bag, sew/lace the bag shut. Take it to your spot and stake it down. It will draw fish for two weeks, or until turtles drag it off. If you have a neighbor that sells chickens...a whole one in the sack works too.
    Don

5. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    50# of soy beans just pored in the water will bait a hole for about 2 weeks.I found they don't work any better if soured.

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have thought about doing this at my local lake, with some soured grain.

Aaron

TA2D