Baiting a hole

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by trackerpro17, Mar 14, 2009.

1. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    If you was going to bait up a hole what would be the best thing to use.

2. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    I will be fishing with grits in a lake not a river don't know if that would make a difference.

3. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    well i won alot of magic bait in the contest area .it has some chum i will let you know how it works

4. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    put some deer corn in a 5 gallon bucket with some hot water,let it soak for a while then dump it. good luck man,i see your from nc,i am to....do you fish any paylakes

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use chicken scratch fermented for several days. Works great. You can also use dryed dog food in and onion sack.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I use range cubes. The problem being, it works best 24 hours after you throw it in and I don't often get that choice.

7. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc

I use to fish pay lakes years ago. I fished with a friend and he made the bate. Won a good bit of money but that has been about 23 years ago.
    Now i have a pond and would like to put some carp in it.

And thanks for all the info from everyone.

8. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    I have just thrown in a couple cans of sweet corn---don't know if this is the best thing or not, but its what I use.

Good luck.

9. KINGCARP

KINGCARP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    soybean meal with scratch feed or cracked corn works good.trout chow will bring in big catfish and carp.gl

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Why would you want to bait a hole for carp? I know some of you guys target them,But I can catch all I want,dont want them,unless for bait. Here folks are doin thier dead level best bowshooting,catching them for coyote bait,fertilizer,Man I hate them things. They fight good,But I would rather chase ANY other fish than carp. Heck at leat with bass you can eat them without a mouthfull of bones:wink:

Sorry If I offended anyone,But I just dont get it

11. jaycodab

jaycodab New Member

State:
    Texas
    Go buy some cheap can dog food and take aknife and poke hole in it. Throw abot 5 or 6 cans where you fish about 8 hrs before you fish and they will be there. Works every time

12. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Thanks everyone for the info. And to 223reload to each his own if you dont like carp fishing dont read the threads.

Thanks and God bless

13. KINGCARP

KINGCARP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thats right tracy.carp fishing is big in north and south carolina,i went today and caught 25 fish on rice. had a blast.

14. KINGCARP

KINGCARP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    tracy go here SOUTHERNPAYLAKER.COM IT.S A CARP FORUM. U WILL FIND LOTS OR HELPFUL HINTS. HOW TO MAKE ALL KINDS OF CARP BAIT.

15. KINGCARP

KINGCARP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    tracy go here SOUTHERNPAYLAKER.COM IT.S A CARP FORUM. U WILL FIND LOTS OR HELPFUL HINTS. HOW TO MAKE ALL KINDS OF CARP BAIT.

16. KINGCARP

KINGCARP New Member

State:
    north carolina

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That 25 must gave you a heck of a fight:wink:

18. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Thanks for the web site. I checked it out today. There is alot of good stuff. I believe I will like it.

19. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I almost always chum using whatever bait I'm using. Usually wheaty balls, sweet corn, or bread. I've tried some of those store bought carp baits, but haven't had much success with them.

20. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Best place I ever found was under a mulberry tree when they're falling.