Baiting a hole

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Poppa, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Do any members bait their favorite catfish hole? I have thought about
    it for the last few years. I'm thinking maybe a towsack with cottonseed
    meal or sour grain weighted down. Anybody do this? Do of you think it
    is worth the trouble?

2. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You bet we do it here. It sure is not a waste of time. I like garlic blood from the processing plant you can just add a cheese or anything you think will catch those pesky cats attention. Good luck and tight line thoughts sent to you there,Teri

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the advice Teri:wink:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If I chose to set up still fishing rather than drifting, I like to bait several holes with soured chicken scratch. This works real well for numbers when taken people cat-fishing for their first time. They hook fish and you hook them. Works.

5. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i saw a fellow on tv chop his bait up, then he laid on the floor of the boat ,then he mashed it with his feet,he put it in a weighted bag over the side then lowered it to the bottom. he was fishing off the coast for some type of salt water fish but this should work on catfish as well if it dosen`t bring in gar to the area

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like good advice to me. I have baited holes when I knew that I would be taking out the wife or some kids. My technique requires advance planning though.

I simply save all my old bait that I use during the day and when I am ready to leave for the day, I choose the hole and bait it with that old bait. In a day or two, when I am taking a guest out, that hole will be holding fish.

Seems to work. It is not a technique that I use often though