Baitcasting reel on spinning rod.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tomcat85, Sep 28, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i think it would work as long as you turned the bait caster upside down on the rod lol. i dont know. another weird idea of mine.

2. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    it should work as long as on the spinning rod there isnt one of those trigger looking finger pieces on there.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I dont think it would work out for ya' though.They are not specifically built for that and might not "load" correctally and cause stress on parts of the rod that arent supposed to usually, plus other problems. Not to mension it would be kinda clumsy to handle. in short they are not designed for those kind of reels. If ya like it then hey, why not? Right? I personally dont like baitcasters myself cause of how they tend to scrub my thumb webbing and they keep wanting to flip over on me. Just my opinion, though (it's not like anyone pays any attention to me anyway) LOL!

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    ive never even used one. i wish there was a spinning reel made with a baitclicker. maybe there is and i just dont know about it. so if there is let me know! lol

5. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i aint found one yet but a bell on the end sounds just as sweet and it will wake u up if you knod off.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive done it before and it will work. Had a 6500c3 on a 10' 2 piece spinning rod. Worked alright for me.

7. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I never tried it not sure how it would work

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The first guide on a spinning rod sits high off the rod, the spool on a bait caster is low in its position compared to that rod guide. Can you do it, yea, but its not as efficient as a rod built for baitcasters and looks like crap too. Billystix, a custom rodbuilder, uses a spiral guide layout on some of the rods he builds. The guides spiral around the rod rather than line up. You may want to google Billystiz and take a look.

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You just make the right comment young fellow.You will be surprised at how many are paying attention to you.peewee-williams

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me too and still do it.I have a 6500cl3 on a 9' 2-piece Master spinning rod.Its always been a good setup and caught lots of fish!

11. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Ive used a baitcaster on a openface rod for years...its my penn on my sturdy stick..works ok for me

And someone asked about a open face with a clicker..they make baitrunners that have a faint clicker on them ..I know Cornhusker had a few that he modified to make louder

12. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    baitcasting rods have the triggers on em not spinning rods.

i have used my ambassadeur on an eagle claw spinning rod for years n like it. now if i was bass fishing, n casting lures, then i'd probably switch to a more appropriate rod, but im a catfisherman, not a kerplunker. lol.