Baitcasting line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Ellis, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Im using 20LB pro line and i cant cast it even 30yards. Maybe i should get something like spiderwire which is smaller line per lb?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    not sure,what kind of reel you using?

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I haven't had any distance casting problems on my baitcaster using my 20lb cajun line. It could be possible you have the break set a bit on the tight side and that could affect how far you can cast.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

you may try checking all the adjustments on your reel first I mainly use Suffix 20-30 lb line and have never really had a problem with it, even when I am going monster hunting and switch to50-60 lb line noproblem casting. so check your reel adjustments and and make sure your reel is well lubed and clean. just some things to check hope it helps you some.

5. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    I think i`m using Tuf-Line on my baitcast reel which is braided and is 60# test.I really have no problem casting it far.Like the other said...probably just got to check your settings.

6. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    im using an abu 6000 with a 7 1/2ft ugly stik

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    With that set up you should be able to cast further than 30 yards. I still say check the brake on it. If its too tight it will definitely make your cast shorter.

8. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The new Cortland Bronzeback line is pretty good stuff. I have been throwing it on one of my musky set-ups and just started using it on one of my flathead rigs and i've been impressed. I think it's a better line than Power Pro for cattin'. The Bronzeback is much softer than Power Pro and it doesn't fray as it ages like Power Pro either. The stuff casts like a dream.

9. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    Have you tried to clean and lube your reel. Maybe that might help.

10. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    check your break adjustment.on your reel if it is ok you might not be throing enough weight. but you should defenitly be able to gain more than 30 yards. but 30 yards is a pretty decent distance.

11. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    check your break adjustment.on your reel if it is ok you might not be throing enough weight. but you should defenitly be able to gain more than 30 yards. but 30 yards is a pretty decent distance.

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I've got a 6000 on a 6 1/2 ft pole and at first I couldn't get any distance either.. You have to play with the adjustments and it'll start going further.. Plus I noticed the longer I had it the better it did... Might just take a little time for things to loosen up some..