baitcaster

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by e'villeman, Feb 9, 2008.

1. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    i guys finally broke down and bought me a baitcaster, set up the weight i normally use and set the freespool drag, went out in the road and cast it easily for a looong distance ~ but i noticed something odd

the little button to release the line while casting, it seems that i have to use an abnormal about of pressure to depress it? ~ is mine broken or can i do something about it ? its a 6500 shakespeare i believe

2. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    ooh forgot it said single bearing on tha package also , didint know if that made any differnce at all

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hi Roger. I've owned some baitcasters with the same problem.The reels with the thumbbar to freespool the reel. My advice is to keep using it and see if it loosens up over time. If not, return it imediately! I don't know much about Shakespear reels, but it should perform, without any flaws regardless of what make it is. Like to see what other posts have to say!!

Good Luck!
    Mark..

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think it will loosen up with time. If it don't feel good to you go back to the store and compare it with another one. Perhaps its just normal or at least you should be able to tell if it is faulty.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    do you have your thumb on the spool when you push the button? if not the weight pulling on the line will make it harder to push, the same goes when enguageing the clicker if it has one.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    good point!!:wink::wink:

7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That is probably it.

8. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would do as they say here in the last two posts if it still is hard to press in don't wait on it to losen up send it back it should not be hard to press in the button no matter what and if you wait until you see if it gets better with time, it may be too late. So my suggestion is to send it back.

9. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    appreciate the help guys , that 5oz. weight was doing it, once i release the pressure off the live it worked perfectly!:wink:. BTW i think i'm gonna luv the baitcaster