Baitcaster help please

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by hct236, Jul 26, 2009.

1. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    I have a quantum tourney grade 400, i respooled it with braid, and it stacks more line on the left side of the spool than the right. Havn't had it apart or anything, just switched from mono to braid..I have heard that a mono backer will prevent this. Any help is appreciated.
    :confused2:

2. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Off Shimano web site
    The line on my Baitcasting reel loads one side of the spool. Is there something wrong with the reel?

Chances are that your reel is fine. If you are reeling line with your rod pointed toward the right, the line will load up higher on the left side of the spool. If your rod is pointed to the left while reeling line in, the line will load higher on the right side of the spool. A simple solution to this problem is to keep your rod and line parallel to each other whenever possible.

The other thing is for braid, I would back it with some thing, Tape on the spool, or 10 or so feet of mono, I back mine with mono. Braid can and will slip on the spool, so there is a chance it could stack more on one side.
    Others may have more information

3. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    Thanks, Steve
    I solved the problem. I removed the line by reeling onto another reel, added 10 feet of mono and then reeled it back off the other reel keeping the line nice and straight...worked good.

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    also sometimes you can tighten the screw on the bottom of the line bar it is in the bottom if you turn over the reel and look where the line comes throgh the reel to go to the pole eyes you will see a flat head screw that sometimes causes reels to reel more on either side due to it coming loose .

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Glad it worked out, :wink:
    Now, catch a big one