baitcaster for flatheads

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bowhunter66064, Jun 5, 2008.

1. bowhunter66064

bowhunter66064 New Member

State:
    ks
    whats your choice for price and ability wanting to stay low on cost

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    How are you going to fish? From the shore or a boat? Do you need the ability to cast long distances, or will a 50ft lob be it? What kind of budget? What's your ability with casting reels? Experienced or novice? My first thoughts are Shakespeare Tidewaters if you want a large reel under $50. Get at Wal-mart for $40 or so. You can get great deals on Abu Garcia's if you shop around on the net. You can get a new Abu 6000 at Wal-Mart for $60, but it might be a little small if you're planning on using heavy line, and the clicker is a bit weak for any kind of current.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I use the Shakespear Tidewater. Get them at wal mart for under 40. They have a good clicker and big spool for plenty of line. For the money you can't beat them. But, You can beat them if ya want to spend more.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    A Abu 6000, 6500C3, or a Abu 7000.

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Ambassadeurs are great baitcasters that can bring in big flats.

6. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    i like the abu garcia ambassadeur 6500 cs rocket. i bank fish and make long casts alot and this reel casts very far with little effort and the drag is alot smoother than any of the other reels ive used.

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    pflueger contender best reel ever:eek:oooh:

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I feel pretty strongly on using the ABU GARCIA line of reels. Great reliability, great performers and a great all around reel. My choice is the 6000, 6500 and the 7000. Great reels!!! period..:wink:

9. bowhunter66064

bowhunter66064 New Member

State:
    ks
    thanks guys for all the help and info went with the tidewater on a 8 ft berkley glowstik ill be trying it out this weekend:big_smile: ill let ya know how i do

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    good choice and good luck fishing

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I hope the custom rod i'm beggin for for fathers day comes with an Abu. I use to have several 5000C that i bass fished with and only trouble i ever had was occasionally a pual (spelling) would wear down on the level wind.