Baitcast reel:

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by mrdodgeram, Feb 1, 2009.

1. mrdodgeram

mrdodgeram New Member

State:
    WV
    Has anyone used the All-Pro casting reel from Cabela's.? I'm considering buying one, was wondering if any have used them.

2. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry, I have never used a baitcasting reel, but I am looking at buying one also and I am real curious as to what the brotherhood has to say about them.:eek:oooh:

3. mrdodgeram

mrdodgeram New Member

State:
    WV
    I've used baitcast reels for years, but not to familiar with ones from Cabela's. At least with their name on it.

4. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I've also used baitcasting reels for years, but never the ones from Cabellas or BassPro. Mine were always Zebco, up until the past two years. Then my brother introduced me to spinning reels and my daddy introduced me to spincasting reels. Personally I like the spincasting reels best because I get the advantages of both, but given a choice of baitcasting or spinning reels I'd go back to baitcasting. I'd think that once you use one you can easily switch to another one...

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am sorry but I don't know anything about the Cabelas All Pro baitcaster.
    The only thing I see is the reel only holds 100 yards of 12# line. I would assume for $30.00 is is probably O.K for channel catfishing. If you plan on fishing for larger cats, I would look for a reel with more line capacity. Good luck.

6. mrdodgeram

mrdodgeram New Member

State:
    WV
    Thanks for the replies, actually I received the reel from Cabela's, fished some before colder weather moved in. It is a very smooth on casting and reeling. Line lay up is excellent, palms great in my left hand. Actually it will hold 80 yards of 14lb line, I plan on using it for bass and walleye. I have other rigs for those fish that don't shave. Again thanks for the reply.