Bait

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Hi everyone. I am new to the site. Been looking around for a little more than a week now. Boy what a good site! There is a lot of information on here. Trying to take it all in. My question is what other bait do some of you use on the Missouri river. I have fished it for years but use threadfin shad 99 % of the time. Just courius to what other baits are being used.

Thanks Tom

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have my best results with fresh cut shad or live large bluegill. Catch blues on the shad and flatheads on the bluegill's. Lots of people are also having good results on cut asian carp too. Chris

3. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC.

4. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC :roll_eyes:

5. mustad1

mustad1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC:smile2:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Tom.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Welcome Aboard!

8. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Welcome to the BOC.

9. Chris Cordia

Chris Cordia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This time of the year I throw everything.

10. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Mo.Hick..good to see you posting..fishing the Missouri River for a few years..I like shad the best, perch, and anything else I can catch in my throw net. I have caught a lot of eaters with medium shrimp. Some people think shirmp are too expensive but if you think about it you pay more for crawdads than you do shrimp and they work really good on channels. Large fish I stick with shad and perch..eaters..anything from dip bait to shirmp.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome Tom, i prefer shad or bluegills any place i fish.

12. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC!!!:big_smile: Well, the bait changes depending on what size fish you are after and the water temps. Shad works really well when the water temps are cool early and late in the season. In the heat of summer mooneye, skip jack, and asian carp cut or fillets seem to work the best for larger fish. If ya just want to catch eaters then dip bait(Sonnys), shrimp, green worms, ect.... work well. Good luck taken in all the new info from this site and hope to see a monster in your avatar soon!!:wink:

13. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks everyone for all the info. Hopefully I can catch a big one this year. My biggest to date is a 21 pound flathead. I wish I would have known about this site a long time ago.

Tom