bait

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by coondog east fork, Jan 13, 2008.

1. coondog east fork

coondog east fork New Member

State:
    IND
    I have cleaned alot of cats and in spring to late spring I have found a lot of fish with bird bones in there stomachs My ? is has anyone ever put a hook in a birds leg and let it float down river alive with a broke wing:004:

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    No, I sure haven't.
    But I have read here of some odd things cats have eaten.

3. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    One time I was out of bait and was walking back to the truck and saw a dead baby bird with a few feathers on it and I thought it was worth a try. Stuck a hook in it (Without touching it, Never know about them wierd diseases!) And threw it out. I got a pretty good bite but the bait came off my hook. I couldn't make my self put a live bird on a hook though, I just couldn't come to it. There is plenty of other bait that will work fine.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I know some people who have a large lake on there property, just so happens there are also some large bluecats inside. When the canadian geese come in and lay there eggs, they said they have seen the blues come up and eat the chicks when the are very small and swimming with the other geese. Kind of sad but pretty neat..:crazy:

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im sure sometimes the babies fall out of the nests and get eatin.Sad but probably happens more then we think it does.