Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by fishing is fun, Dec 28, 2006.

1. fishing is fun

fishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i was wondering what the absloute best bait for catfishing is ,also is dip bait any good .i have blood and cheese, and cheese

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    shad or bluegill work great for me live or cut is the best!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Austin there is no absolute best bait out there. Different baits for different and different times of year. Plus like humans fishes taste chnge and what works one day one place may not work there agian. While natural baits tend to work better than man made that is not always the case.

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Welcome to the board !!! Often conditions,species and climate will dictate which bait will be best. But there are some general rules you can abide by.Size will usually mean larger fish but less hookups. Channels will bite on just about anything if they are feeding, I usually use livers or chicken breast in my area. Blues love fresh Shad or Skipjack cutbait and often live bait. Flatheads will almost always feed on live bait such as baitfish and occasionally cutbait. I hope this helps and Good Luck !!!!!:smile2:

5. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    there is no one best bait....it all depends on what the fish are in the mood for in that location...perosnally i have never had any luck with dip baits or any thing commercial....but thats just me there are plenty on the board who will recomend commercial baits...i recomend buying one commercial then go get some shad or bluegill, some shirmp, and some chicken liver...put out four poles one for each bait and let the fish tell you what they want.