Bait

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fishmccall, Nov 30, 2009.

1. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Where can I get bait close to Monticello.

2. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Brad if I was you as close as you are to bait I would just take it with me. thats what i do anyway. I dont know anywhere near monty to get bait.

3. line stretcher blues

line stretcher blues New Member

State:
    nc
    jimmys bait north of chester on hwy 321, call first i don't know his winter schedule 803-377-7317. a nice & informative guy.

4. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Well it might be out of your way a bit but Anglers south about 18 mins past monty has shad and herring.... What day do you plan on going? I will be out there tomorrow maybe... and this weekend sometime..

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Your best bet is to get bait, either at one of the bait shops in Anderson or catch it somewhere before you go.Most of the places that sale bait anywhere around Monticello are way out of your way.The one place that sales bait right at Monticello has proved to be very un-reliable.Good Ol Boys Sporting Goods off hwy 187 in Anderson is the cheapest place.They are alot cheaper than the rest of the places, up to $2 cheaper per dozen than some.Heres the link to their site that provides the contact http://www.gobsportingoods.com/index.html

You can now use a castnet on Monticello, thats one option or you can jig up some white perch when you get there but neither are a definate way of getting bait fast.You might find yourself spending half the day or more just gettin enough bait to fish with.Sometimes its easy..... sometimes its not.

6. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Thank's Chirs, Good ol' boy's is 2miles from the house. Called 2nite and they have gizzard's.That was the main bait that I was wanting. They have a good deal on herring right now $5 dozen. How is the bite on monty right now?

7. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    were is anglers south located.

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The bites pretty strong right now as long as the wind aint blowin 20+ so you can get out and fish the deep water comfortably.

9. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    It is located at 1620 Dutch Fork Rd, Irmo, SC 29063
    phone number 803.732.0803

10. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Well I went fishing in the rain since I didn't have to work... Most of all fish was caught on Main lake humps and also drifting was working good for bigguns in 30-70 foot range... Gizzard shad was bait of choice only got a few on herring and bream...

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
  12. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    The bigun's came today as 21-22-27-31 and 2 that snapped the line due to not having drags set/ weak leaders.... Also no pics due to the rain my ol lady would of strung me up since I trashed the olympia over the summer...:wink:

13. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Sound's like a good day, congrat's on the catch.