bait

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by yellingrebel78, Aug 22, 2009.

1. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I see were every body talking about putting rock salt in the water to keep shad alive which I did not know My question now is would it hurt the blue gill If I but them in there with them with the salt because I like to keep a wide variety of bait when I go and I really don't wo'nt to take more than one bait tank

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Brian. Rock salt kind of in a way oxygenates the water so they should be alright.:wink:

3. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    thanks I just wamnted to make sure

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Never tried this method very interesting.

5. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    well I but some rock salt in our big bait tank with our blue gills and a few small cats we stuck in there and it does not bother them at all in fact it seems like it percs them up they are real more active now

6. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    I've never used rock salt, but I have used pickling salt, like for canning. It isn't iodized.
    I know a guy that uses water softener salt. he showed me his tank before he added it, then after, the difference in the amount of bubbles was amazing. You could see the bottom of the tank at first, but when he add the water softener salt & you couldn't even see the pump or the bottom of the tank, the bubbles were very tiny and plentiful. I'm going to try it as soon as I finish this pickling salt.

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    IVE ALWAYS KNOWN IT FOR TAKING THE EDGE OFF OF THE FISH....AND MABY HOLDING THE FILTH LEVEL DOWN WHILE KEEPING THE WATER SATURATED WITH A BIT MORE AIR....

I GUESSS THE LAST 2 IS RESPONCEABLE FOR THE 1ST RESONING:confused2:

LeRoy

8. tightlines10

tightlines10 New Member

State:
    california
    never herd of it ill look it up and try it one day.:tounge_out:

9. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    aj i gotta ask how does it put oxygen in the water. the reason i ask is cause i dont use ane arreator i just give them fresh water every day. so anything helps.