Bait winter skips?????

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by blazerjet, Oct 30, 2008.

1. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Looking all over the ohio for some big ole jack to freeze For winter. Anyone seen any?? I can find enough to fish with but not all winter. I could wait till cold and drive to the steam plants just wondering??? Last year there was bait all over. :roll_eyes: The river is still pretty warm maybe if she would ever flow for us and not get blown out befor its too cold maybe we all could get baited up for winter:wink:

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There's a baithouse up here by me that sells frozen skips,,, get this man,, he wants (I think it is) 18 bucks a pound for them damn things!:crazy:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is pretty steep, but I bet he is selling some of them!! Sounds crazy, but its true.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He sure is... went fishing with a Boc buddy here that bought some of those gold skippies lol! Thats how I found out about it!

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Tell your bait shop that I have some home made rod & reels to fish with a whole lot cheaper than that!

6. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany

I forgot, I'll be at monroe this sat morning.

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The skips normally stay running around markland dam during the winter months. so normally you can still catch bait when you go fishing down there whenever during the cold months. if not then tanners creek power plant in lawrenceburg has warm water discharges that usually always has skips in there thick during the winter months