Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to start fishing for Flats in the Rock river here in Ill. It's been a long dry spell with the water being so low and hot. Someone stated that it had come up some due to the rain we had this past week and thats just what I've been waiting for. Schoe

·
Registered
321 Posts
because of all the heat fishing here really hasn't been any good until bout 2 in the morning. i'm looking forward to fall an cooler weather personally! but i hope you slay em'!

·
Registered
35 Posts
tanner said:
because of all the heat fishing here really hasn't been any good until bout 2 in the morning. i'm looking forward to fall an cooler weather personally! but i hope you slay em'!
At least you get that bite @ 2AM. The water has remained HOT :eek: down here.
The fish aren't biting, so I decided to put the boat up until fall and build a monster motor for my Vw. Good luck to everyone and I'll see you guys next month or so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't had any luck with the Flats this week but have caught a lot of eater size channels on chicken livers. Hopefully the Flats start pretty soon.
Schoe

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked two nice Flats the other night on the live bluegills a 23 lb. and a 11 lb. Plus I got two nice channels around 4 lbs on cut bluegills this morning. I baited ten bank poles with Gills tonight and will check them at daylight in the morning then pole fish for a while. Schoe

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had one Flat on this morning about 8 lbs and caught about 12 small fiddlers on chicken livers. They are now living in a local city pond. Baited 10 bank poles with live bluegills tonight and will check them in the morning. Schoe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.