bait trap

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kscathunter, Jul 26, 2008.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I was thinking of making a bait trap or two so i decided check the rule book. :embarassed: keep in mind it says up to 12" baitfish can be used, and i found....... are they ------- serious, 1/4" mesh with a throat no larger than 1" in diamater :crazy: how in the he!! are you supposed to catch bait with something that doesnt have a big enough hole in it to stick your :eek:oooh: (bait) in.:smile2: i dont get it :confused2:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Yeah that is pretty stupid. I think they more apply to minnows and other worthless baits.:wink::smile2: I do think good sized bullheads can fit in the opening but I havent tried yet.

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    if yer just concerned about gettin yer bait in to attract the fish im purdy sure most have a hatch that can be secured after baiting the trap.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    er no, the :eek:oooh: was an edit for um well not bait lol i was ticked this mourning when i read the rules so i had alot to ------- edit get it:wink: i wonder what the chances of getting the size bumped up to like 4"

5. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    If you want bigger baits, they want you to use a throw net or catch them
    with hook and line. Fish trapping is easy and they want to regulate the
    equipment to catch folks doing it illegal. They're so intent on that idea that
    some forms of cover they think of as potential fish traps so they get a little
    weird about sinking barrels or bathtubs for spawning habitat. That hooks in
    with the traditional views on handfishing in Kansas law. Hard to prevent
    trapping fish when you got grabbling going on during the spawn.