Bait the Easy Way

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Sep 16, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Eric decided he wanted a spend his winnings from CuzFest on a new net. Couldn't find a 3' for him, so I had to get a 4'. I had kid duty yesterday, so I took him and Joe fishing most of the day. Eric was net man and Joe was deck-to-cooler guy for bait. I'm kind of liking this dad thing, makes getting bait a whole lot easier:wink: Only thing is, he can already catch bait and catch fish, I guess once he can reach the pedals on the car him and his brother don't need me much:confused2:

Attached Files:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Pretty soon he'll just be borrowing the boat.

You've created a MONSTER!:smile2:

3. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Branden.. Ill have to show these to Tyler now. Maybe it might catch on!

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I know it. He's already good enough with the boat to idle me up to get the anchor rope and can idle me around when I'm throwing for bait. I've got a spare Abu 5000 that I'd like to try and get him to learn to cast, then he can fish more spots with me. Don't want to push him, the last thing I want to do is make him hate fishing. Sorry to post so many pix of the little guy, but I think it's cool that he tries so hard and is getting good at this stuff so early without pushing or even a lot of help from me. He's the one who got me back into fishing when he was about 5 when out of the blue he asked if we could go fishing, so I guess you could say he got me into fishing more than I did him:big_smile: Amazing what they'll do for entertainment when the ol' man is too cheap to buy them a video game system lol.

It might, Vince, it's funny. Eric's always been interested in bugs, fish, and dirt, so I think fishing is just a way for him to indulge all his interests at once:big_smile:

5. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Keep posting.. It is great to see our children getting interested in our Sport at their age. I am about to get Tyler a nickname here and let him on. Maybe we can have eventually a Missouri Kids section one day. This is where it is all at is to pass it down to my son one day. It is true.. Take a Kid fishing.. The memories will last a Lifetime. My son talks about catfishing all the time. So Keep Posting.. It is an inspiration to us all.

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    id rather my kids came here than go anywhere else on the net . took my 12 year old out last night from 6pm till 3am we didnt catch any fish but he has been talking about it all morning , and ready to go again .

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man, he's better than I am at throwing it.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Keep the pics coming:big_smile:

9. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    thats AWSOME, I love to see kids in the outdoors fishing or hunting. I started fishing the rivers all night with my dad when I was about 10. getting hooked at a young age is great.

10. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Yeah Branden...before you know it, it'll be hey Dad, can I borrow the boat? instead of can I borrow the car?...lol...very cool...

11. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    way to go eric keep throwing the net if you dont have bait you cant fish awesome pics brandon

12. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    eric if you want to go bigger lessons are free

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    In 15 years or so watch out phil king, we got a catman on the rise,great job eric,

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Way to go Eric!!! Branden, looks like you got yourself a full time deckhand. :wink: I'm pretty sure we havnt heard the last of Eric, and his nack for catching bait, or big fish.

15. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Forget the college fund.......you best be saving up for the "keep the boat and subsequent gear in shape" fund. I can't imagine how much I cost my dad during my high school years when I was able to take the boat without him in it. I broke/destroyed basically everything -- not on purpose mind you, just basic wear and tear using the boat 120 days a years and being a bit careless. With that said, he did benefit as I was always able to put him on fish when the weekend came around. I'm not sure it was a wash though.

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's why I'm going to RENT him the boat while he's on summer vacation:smile2: A slight hourly charge to both get even for him getting 3 months off to fish while I have to work and to cover all the stuff he'll break/lose. If he's anything like me, the repair bills will be high:smile2:

Nah, if he keeps up his obsession with fishing and I can get him to have bait caught, drive the boat, and put me on fish on the weekends, that's worth any repair work to the boat and gear:wink: Might even be able to con him into baiting hooks for me lol

17. barrelbritches

barrelbritches New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am so glad to see that your son is takeing interest in fishing , I look at thoes pic and see my son years ago. Small thing like this is what you will always charis. Thanks for the pic.

18. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I might have to think twice about loaning my boat out when my boys get a little older after reading your post.:eek:oooh::crazy::crazy::crazy:

19. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aw brother,
    Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful pictures...I think this is awesome...So wonderful to see...
    I just love the Father son or daughter stories...My daughter is our fisherman...Have not got her to throw the Cast net as of yet but after I show her these pictures maybe it will inspire her...
    As far as those boy's reaching the pedals on the car...You will have to hide the keys it looks like...Those boys look like some fishing crazy boys...
    great job keeping them interested in a wonderful sport...:0a24::0a23: :0a5:

20. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    That ain't hard though is it?