Bait The Bait?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MiseryMike, May 28, 2009.

1. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Hey Was Laying in bed last night thinking about fishing lol. I Said something to blade about this so i thought id share my idea with everyone. Was thinking Take live Bait Ex. Shad cutting down the belly enough to be able to stuff it with a Doughbait . Anyone Ever Try this. I think it would entice them just a little bit more. Intrested in what everyone thinks.

2. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I was wanting to try something similar to that this weekend, planning on covering my shad & worms with garlic powder & see what happens

3. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    i was thinking the same thing about using garlic

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Mike,
    I think you need to clarify:
    Blade wasn't actually there in the bed right????:wink:
    ...W

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Winston I was thinking the same thing.:smile2:You better clear that up for sure.

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    LMAO hell NOOOO i sent him a private msg about a rod/reel setup lol

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LMAO!!!!!!

Kinda sounded like you was maybe laying there puffing on a smoke after who knows what......then you rolled over and you and BLADE discussed the bait thing.:smile2:

I would re-structure the sentence!:wink:

Good catch Winston!

8. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    lol nah dont float that way, im a BBW <big beautiful women> lover. LoL if i could go edit my post so it keep all your minds outta the gutter i would but wont let me lol :smile2:.

9. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    a while back i posted a question....i cant remeber what it was, but i remember this one answer clearly. if your using fish that was frozen as bait, one of the things you can do is to put one of those fish oil vitamin pills in its mouth before you cast him out there. the pill casing will slowly melt away and the oil will seep out. from what i understand it makes a very potent scent trail for fish to follow in to your bait. a bottle of 100 of those fish oil pills is under $10 at walgreens. never tried it, allways wanted to try it out. but i allways forget to pick them up when im out somewhere that sells them.

10. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My grandpa used fish oil pills and ivory bar soap when he used to run lines on the Bourbose River ( hope I spelled that right) when I was little. He said the soap and fish oil would draw fish for miles. I have not heard of anybody ever bring that up in a long time.

11. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    how did he use the oil and soap? he mix them together ?

12. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    If you cut the belly of a shad open it will fall apart....just stuff the dough bait down its throat and stab it through the sides a couple times with your knife.

13. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Tried out the garlic powder on my bait yesterday & it worked great,the cats were hittin as soon as it hit the water.

14. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am not sure about the oil, but he used bar soap and cut it into cubes.

15. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    <lol> you guys are crazy!!! He may never want to go fishing or PM me again after those comments:embarassed: Never really thought about baiting the bait while fishing shad and some of these idea's I will have to give a try sometime:big_smile:

16. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    LoL. I Did try the shad didnt turn out that well since they werent taking what i was offerin & they were that prepackage crap i bought a month ago, Took a small bluegill took his head off and put some doughbait in his mouth, didnt catch anything at blue springs lake the Turtle seemed to like it tho. Anyone Been Down at the RiverFront park/boat ramp Off of North Chouteau, You can see harris on the other side of the river. Didnt know if anyone Banked fished down there. GL Everyone
    ONE last Thing Put Your Fkin Litter where it belongs Beer Bottles,Cans,Walmart Trash,Shirmp Bags do Not belong on the banks nor in the River/lakes IMHO js i can only drag so much trash with me from a bank when i go head to the car, Those Big Ass Green Drums Yeah those are trash Cans. Sorry something thats just been buggin me i assume everyone has the same type of respect as i do for our waters but just in case i wanted to say somthing. enuf said :)

17. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have heard of some people getting some great cats out of that area. not sure if they were on the bank or in a boat. in fact i was just looking at a map of that area, thinking of checking it out soon.