Bait tanks.

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by caneycat, Jan 23, 2008.

1. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was going to get a 150 gallon stock tank but I do not have the money right now, so I thought that I would try to find a old bathtub that i can use but what are other things that I can use that are large enough to grow goldfish that are cheep?

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    you can use just about anything to keep a couple doz.baits alive for a few days and its some what cheep to do.when you take on the job of growing or raisen baits you enter a different world.you will need filters,pumps,and some chemicals.i could write a page or two about all the things you wiil need and the problems you will run into but the best advice i can give you is go to the garden center at wally world and purchase a magazine called water gardens and ponds.or go to your local library and research raisin goldfish and koi.

3. JKitterman

JKitterman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If your house has one of those nice cement ponds (swimming pool) in the back, you could stock it but wives don't usually go for that
    :big_smile:
    You should look at books on aquaculture / fish raising to get ideas of what you need to keep them alive and healthy over the long run.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    What he said...
    Keeping enough alive for your next trip is easy. keeping and growing enough to have a steady supply of goldfish will turn into a full time thing so unless you really want another hobby you might want to rethink this...W

5. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the good ideas, keep them coming!