Bait Tanks where to buy here?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Oct 27, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey guys, there comes a point where a man has had enough, and I am to that point on bait tanks. I have built atleast 30 that for whatever reason or another, I just was un happy with. Is there anywhere in Ohio that you can buy them? I am not talking about a 300$ keep alive system, but just a good solid tank with no plumbing or anything, just the tank. I have to go to Cleveland on Wednesday for work, didn't know if there was anything between cincy and there. Dont want to spend more than 100$ or so, as I will be doing the aeration and filtration systems myself...Any help will be appreciated thanks

2. CincyCat

CincyCat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll sell ya a nice, hardly used blue barrel for that $100.......:wink::smile2:

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i use a cooler,it works fine...you been catchin any cats travis?

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Travis ... you can get a large hard rubber/plastic type at TSC (Tractor Supply Center) ... they have them from 50 gal to 110 gal ... I got 110 gal one for $65.00 ... There are several on her that have the same type ..... You can also buy reasonably priced pumps from Harbor Frieght Tools
    Garry-

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    i
    I had to work all weekend, so I will be back out on the water this weekend after a 2 week break....I would be lying if I said it wasn't nice to get away from the frustration for a while, but now I am ready to get back at it.

Garry,

I have seen the ones at TSC, but what I am looking for is a custom made white bait tank, that way all I have to do is add the plumbing. Just sick of fooling around with making them out of something else. I like the way they sell some that are already molded with a lid, that way I can add whatever and be done with it.

6. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    One of my friends made one out of styrofoam, then fiberglassed the whole thing inside and out. He could keep 300 baits alive. He made it for a live well on his boat, and it is very light and insulated. I am going to make one this winter.