Bait tanks for bait storage

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by flatheadhunterx, Oct 28, 2007.

1. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Finally got some pictures of my bait keeping set-up. My pump gave out about a month ago and while I was changing the water I took some pics of things to give people some ideas. They are alittle depleated of bait at the moment but I have kept prob 200 carp and gold fish along with bream, bass and perch with out a problem. one tank has the larger fish that I use for cut bait, anything over 6 inches, one has smaller bait for live bait under 6 inches, and one tank is full of lava rock, sponge material, and a few sacks of activated charcoal that serves as a filter. The fish that are still in there hasnt had any filteration or water movement for at least a month and I didnt lose the first fish. when full they hold 6 to 8 hundred gallons of water.

Attached Files:

2. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    They look KOOL, but what are they---and where did you get 'em??

3. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    Mark they are 250 gallons chemical tanks. the place I got them even boiled them out for me before they gave them to me.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    wow those arer huge dude.lol nice job!

5. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    they are 400 gal. tanks and hold 1200 gal. not 200 gal tanks.i was confused lol.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use to get chemicals and machining coolant in totes like that. Think i can still access one and really like the idea. If a man put an 110 agitator on it like a minnow vat and kept fresh water, it should hold bait a good while. Least till ya get to feed it to something bigger. Thanks an good pic's.

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    I like your baite tank
    I use a old ice machine bin and i can keep about 120 carp and bullhead in it if i keep the water fresh i use 3airators and clean 1time a week

8. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    if you put some kind of filter you could get by with not changing water as often. I use one of those tanks for a filter keep fish in the other 2 and the fish are lucky if they get any new water once a yr other than rain water. but I am enclosing them with a building so they wont get that much longer lol.

9. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    nice bait tanks thanks for sharing the pics

10. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    I got them from a place in greenville ,dont know the name of it but it is a chemical plant. I have got like 5 from the guy 2 for buddies of mine and I think he charged 25 for the first one that a buddie wanted for something then I think he just gave me the other 4 may have charged for another one but not sure.

11. DrewDennis

DrewDennis New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anyone ever though of using an old hottub? take the heater out...can use the pumps and electronics to filter the water.

12. DrewDennis

DrewDennis New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anyone ever though of using an old hottub? take the heater out...can use the pumps and electronics to filter the water. I have seen them on craigslist for free quite often... oopss...double post..sorry!

13. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    what kind of pump do u use to keep the water moving between them?