Bait tank

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Jul 20, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    hey guys i made a small bait tank today. its just real simple. id like to make it bigger and im planning on it. i just used some materials from around the house. but yeah here it is.

Attached Files:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

looks pretty good and cheap to make.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    definately cheap didnt pay for a thing. thats the way i like it.:lol:

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    anyone have any guesses how long this thing will keep chubs alive so far its almost been 3 days.

5. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    early as tomorrow max about 1 more week and a half

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's pretty cool, but I just wouldn't use it for Shad, you need a round container for shad because they are so dumb they will actually get stuck in the corners and get stressed out over the corners, no wonder fish like to eat them, their not hard to attack....lol

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    haha im mostly using it for chubs and crawfish. im going to modify it some more once i get some money. im getting an old pump from an aquarium to keep the water flowing so that should help out soon.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, it should work great for them, good luck!

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Keep them cool and change the water every so often. I don't know why they wouldn't last for weeks. Oh, you may have to use some treatment if you are using city water. Get the clorine out.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice new little home made bait tank.

Like others have said, keep water changed and keep cool out of the sunlight.

11. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Cheap, easy and efficient. Get you pump in their as soon as you can partner and like everyone else has said try to keep the water somewhat cool. Just an Idea, you may try taking several milk jugs, fill them with water and freeze them. Throw one in their every so often. They take a long time to melt. Once it does melt, rinse it off, throw it back in the freezer and get another one out to put in your tank. Just keep up the rotation. Good luck

12. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    "Looking good, Billy Ray! ... Feeling good, Louis!" (heh somebody may get that)

Looks great, Cheap and easy... just dont overload it :smile2: