bait tank

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by flathead_hunter, Mar 24, 2009.

1. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    here is one of many bait tanks we use.. this one is made from a 120 gal. cooler that someone dumped in my yard:confused2:..... we used a bilge pump from walmart.. then hooked a hose thats about 1 inch to it. then we put some holes in it and used some small hose barbs i think they are 1/4 or 5/16 in size.. this will circulate the water and keep bait alive for a very very long time as long as you keep it cool.. we put ice in to cool the water.. i have seen kits for theese at bass pro but the way we did it was about half the cost of what they wanted for the kit... ok so it doesn't want to up load my pics for some dumb reason???? someone want to help?

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I always have trouble with that to. I cant get them to the right size. :confused2::sad2: Some times I do sometimes I don't !! :smile2:

3. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    let me know if you got them pics

4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Yes I did Thanks !!:cool2::cool2::smile2:

5. newestcathunter

newestcathunter New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks for the info.
    If you wouldn't mind, would you email me pics so I can check them out?
    My email addy is rjorjr@gmail.com

Thanks for the ideas!

6. subcook

subcook Member

State:
    Grand Island, Nebraska
    I have a bait tank that is almost the same as that but I used a 5 gallon bucket for my short trips and a bigger cooler for the over night trips I bought a battery lighter kit that has the red and black jumper cable clips that I hook up to a small ridding lawn mower battery and I find that it does work very very well at keeping them lively.