Bait Tank Aeration and Filtering System

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Grits, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    Hello Everyone

I just bought a 19' center console boat. It has two fairly large bait tanks in the stern that are not plumed. They have drains so adding whatever needed will not be a problem.

Will yall give me some insight on the aeration systems that are available along with a filtering system that can be added? It will be easy to run fresh water through them but I understand that may not be adequate. Also, I want the bait tanks to provide oxygen and clean water when the boat is out of the water.

What do you fellows recommend?

I did not know where to post this question so I started here.

Thank you all for your help.

Grits

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to the search link at the top of the page and type in aeration,live well etc and you will find all you want.Using the tanks when the boat is out of the water is going to be far more difficult,depending on the length of time you intend to keep the bait alive.Keeping the water cool, 70 deg or so is the most important thing to do.You can blow all the bubbles you want into the water but oxygen transfer pretty much only happens at the surface.Good luck.:big_smile:

4. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    roger our new stabalizing system will do it all . it filtates purifys and areates your bait tank all you need is a pump and a 12v battery. you can keep bait alive as long as your battery holds up because it is a recirculating system you dont you dont need to worry about trailering your boat to the lake our areation device violently mixes the oxygen into the water before it hits the tank, this is where all the oxygen transfer happens , you will also have bubbles coming into your bait tank we call these bonus bubbles. this unit can be installed on the side of a bait tank / live tank or retro fit it to your needs .heavy duty constuction unit will last a long time .there is two differant purifying medias ,one for keeping shad and bait fish and the other for large live tanks for catfish ect. check out our link ive posted if you have questions send me a pm ill anwser any questions you may have

5. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky