Bait/Tackle Shop

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by groundsquirrel, Jun 15, 2009.

1. groundsquirrel

groundsquirrel New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would like to ask everyone on here where or what they think is the best bait/tackle shop in Kansas?

Im having trouble locating good gear. Bass Pro Shop doesnt have crap, and Cabelas is always out of things. I wasnt sure if everyone was buying there gear online, or had a favorite tackle store?

Any suggestions or imput would be greatly appreciated and well respected.

Scott

2. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    Minnesota Bait & Fly Co Inc

1124 Minnesota Ave
    Kansas City, KS 66102

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Hi Scott, welcome to the BOC.
    If you don't mind online shopping, Catfish Connection is probably my favorite. They have decent prices, good selection, and fast shipping.

4. groundsquirrel

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the imput gentlemen. Im actually looking for some Mustad Big Gun hooks, but having a hard time finding them. It seems that very few places carry them. Cabelas is out, and Bass Pro doesn't carry them at all.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Just checked Cabelas online, said the Big Guns are instock. :wink:

6. groundsquirrel

State:
    Kansas
    They must have just got them in. Two days ago they had nothing larger then 3/0. Of course this was the store location there in KC, KS.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    The KC store is always out of stock. I dont know why. I usually order my stuff from Cabelas via their website. That way, I dont get stuff that everyone has handled.

8. groundsquirrel

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah thats a good idea to oder online. Im not sure why there always out of product. The place looks like a ghost town. Do you know if Minnesota Bait carries the Big Gun hooks or not?

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I think so. I know they have some Mustad hooks, so its a good bet theyve got them. Where are you located? If I remember right, Ive got some big guns. I didnt like them very well. I could just give them to you.

10. groundsquirrel

State:
    Kansas
    I used to live in Bonner Springs. But now I live in Wellsville. Thats just a few miles from Gardner going back towards Baldwin City. Not very far at all.

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I know where its at. I tell you what, Minnesota Bait is up the street from me, Ill swing by there this weekend and see if they have some, and Ill check and make sure I still have mine. Next time you get a chance to come up to KC, you swing by and grab those Big Guns from me, and you can run by Minnesota and grab some more. I dont think I have very many. Maybe a dozen.

12. groundsquirrel

State:
    Kansas
    I was going to swing by there and Mickeys tomorrow any way.Been awhile since I was up in that area. Im wanting to get these hooks, thinking about going fishing Wednesday night.

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Alot of times I will order stuff off the Cabelas web site and do an instore pick up, saves me the shipping charge since instore is free and it the stuff is held up front for you. Might look in to doing that on the things that you need.