Bait store with frozen shad

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by james_s333, Jan 26, 2007.

1. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    didnt have no luck at salt fork catching shad but i did find a bait store by dillon lake that sells froozen shad...

dillon falls store
    2980 dillon school drive
    zanesville,ohio 43701
    (740)453-5930

2. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've been looking for an area to get some shad for some time and since near by bait shops are all a no go as far as baitfish go, your one lucky guy.

3. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    after going and freezing my hind off yesterday and catching nothing but a stick i decided to take some advice and call around....the place i found was about a half hour from my house but i'll make that ride

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    James where were you trying to catch shad at? I know at least two places you can get them easy if they are runnin there. I can catch them 90 percent of the time year round. I've caught them in every month of the year at these spots.

5. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    hey skip.....i was out at salt fork at the spillway that day but the next day i meet up with jason at dillon and he showed me where some was....

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Good to go then. Jason knows all the same spots and a couple more I'd bet.

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    i never really had trouble catching shad. There is a creek by here that always has shad. If by some fluke chance we can't get them in there there is a power plant right there that we can usually find them at.

The only reason I can think that they stay in this creek is to stay out of the current, it's only about 8 feet deep in the deepest part but I guess that's better than fighting the current in the Ohio River.

8. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Just a question is it LEGAL to sell frozen shad in Ohio ?? if you catch it yourself in a cast net ???