Bait spots near Parkville?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by kcgeoff, Mar 27, 2007.

1. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just recently moved to Parkville. I haven't been able to find any public lakes or creeks close by to catch sunfish out of. I hate driving 30 minutes to catch bait when the river is only a 5 minute drive from my house. Does anybody know where I can catch bait closer? Thanks!

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The old moat for the argosy river boat is the closest place to you I know of. can be hit or miss, but usally a hit.

3. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thank you Brad! I'll have to try that especially when I hit the river in Riverside. :smile2:

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Parma woods is close. I'm not for sure if and where a pond is but I'm sure there is one there. If not down the road past parma there is a creek. Just get out and take a sunday drive. Always creeks around.

5. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've taken several drives looking for creeks. I seen a nice one over by Weatherby lake but I imagine it is private since the lake is private. I went through Tiffany Springs park which has a creek but not much water in it. I also seen a creek intown by a bank I need to check it out but it also looks private. I also eyeballed the golf course lake but I highly doubt they would let me fish it. Also checked out Riss Lake but they don't want me there either! LOL

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  7. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    My son got permission to fish the ponds there at the Nationals Golf Club. I think that he just went to the affice and asked for permission. They gave him a card to put on his dash so that he wasn't harrassed by the police. I don't know if this helps, but it would be worth a try! Good luck!

8. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
  9. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thank you Terry,
    I'll have to try that. I appreciate it very much.