Bait size?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by georgiamike, Nov 14, 2006.

1. georgiamike

georgiamike New Member

State:
    Texas
    When I use livers for bait, I wrap them in pantyhose, leaves you with a ball of liver. My question is how large should the ball be and does it matter. I usually use balls that are about 1" accross. I was wondering if I went with a small ball would it decrease the number of strikes? All these ball problems, I dont know what to do.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Not good havein a problem with your balls. LOL! I use liver quite a bit. Ditch the panty hose. I use massive gobs on an 8/0 circle hook and consistantly catch decent channels.

3. georgiamike

georgiamike New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the reply, the main reason I wrap mine is because where I fish the brim will eat it off the hook so quickly if it isnt wrapped.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do you also catch the bream, and fish with them? Next time catch one and cut it up. You may never fish with liver again.

5. georgiamike

georgiamike New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have tried bream but havent had any bites. What is the best way to use them, I have tried using the head and also just cutting a piece and using it.

6. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    there is not really a wrong way to use them i use them either live or i cut the head and tail off and use the gut pocket or i fillet the meat off and use it just try different things with them and you will find one that works for your area and as far as liver how ever big the piece that comes out of the container is the size i use

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use a big goob of livers, like big george.