Bait shops on the way to Montrose

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by jms43, Jan 4, 2008.

1. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Are there any good bait shops in between Bolivar and Osceola or montrose? I know that Buzz's outdoor world sells bait but I don't want to have to wait until 10:00 am on sunday to get my bait. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    There ought to be plenty of bait swimming in the lake - if you're not the cast net casting type, I'm sure someone there will be able to share some bait with you. Bring some 5/0 to 8/0 hooks, khale or circle as you prefer and some 2 oz weights and you should be all set.

If you need a backup, swing by Wally World and grab some stinkbait of some sort.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Buzz's at Lowry City
    Dains at Taberville
    Fuzzies across from Osceola cheese.
    Also just down south of fuzzies on the outer rd. about 1/8 mile on left is a little mom / pop bait shop.
    Jim or Earl can probably tell you more info on them. Should be shad at Montrose though. (I hope LOL)

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Hey Earl what do them traps look like?

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sign me up for one Earl. :big_smile:
    Sounds like they work great. Well be there around 7:00
    See you guys there.....

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Earl won't see this 'cause I'm on his ignore list, but....

I sure hope he's not keeping any bullheads or perch over 5" long that he catches in his traps... To do so would be in violation of Missouri fishing regulations... :wink:

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Whoa,there for a minute I thought something was going on here in ole Montrose,Iowa that I was not aware of.:confused2: I was about to tell you that there aren't any bait shops in Montrose,and if you were planning on fishing around here right now,you better bring your ice auger with you.LOL:roll_eyes: Sorry,the devil made me do it!:big_smile:

8. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Glad to hear you're square with the law, Earl. :wink:

Hope you guys tear 'em up tomorrow...