Bait shops around highrock

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by striper, Apr 29, 2006.

1. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i am looking for a place to get bait around highrock lake. i don't know if i am going to get any time to catch bait and i need bait.... i am coming from winston-salem and don't know where to go.....

ed

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Striper,
    We are heading down in an hour or so. Where do you put in and what part of the lake do you primarily fish? We always catch our own or I should say try...lol We usually end up with some at least. The only thing I have found as far as bait to buy on the lake is crappie minnows, worms, crickets, and the like.
    If you stop on the way down near the lake you can get goldfish and bass minnows....
    Good luck fishing!

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

You can get anything you want at Hill's Minnow Farm. If you have a cast net, you can catch bait easily at any of the creek mouths. Right around Tamarac Marina is good - and where the bridge crosses over near there. Big flatheads prefer live bluegill about 3 to 4" long. Catch 'em on redworms.

4. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    where is hills minnow farm???

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    striper hills is about 2 miles back towards salisbury on brinkle ferry rd from the tamarac marinia. they do sell some frozen shad at times also but from what i hear you shouldnt have trouble finding bait in the lake. hills also sell goldfish.