Bait Shop Selection

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by suddawg, May 28, 2006.

1. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I've only been to one bait shop (in Council Bluffs, IA) that sold all the choices of live bait that one could legally purchase. This included goldfish, minnows, creek chubs (medium and large,) crawlers, and crayfish.

I'm trying to get an idea on the availibility of different live baits around the state. Specifically Branched Oak. I've been to that little shop near the boat docks on Branched Oak, but's it's been 8 years, and I'm trying to see if you fellas that fish there are often in need of different live baits. Obviously myself and TA2D usually catch our own bait, but sometimes you just don't have time.

Thanks

SudDawg

2. douglas_413

douglas_413 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    You might want to try Scheels at village point on west dodge. They sometimes have a pretty good selection of bait.

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Thanks Douglas_413

SudDawg

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I can't remember what was up there, but I don't think that the selection was that great... don't worry we will be up there before you know it!!

Aaron

TA2D

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

2 1/2 months brother. :big_smile:

SudDawg

6. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Woods is a great shop! They'll be moving though, because the state is wideing S. Omaha Bridge Rd. to 4 lanes all the way to I29.

7. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    There's a number of shops in Omaha and Lincoln that sell all the types of live bait you mentioned.

8. suddawg

suddawg New Member

That's probably a good thing Mazdabob. That highway was allways full, especially on the holidays with Lake Manawa.

SudDawg

9. decker

decker New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    There is that bait shop in between Pawnee and Branched Oak I think it is on West O Street, the have a good selection, but I think that might be out of your way if you are coming from Omaha.

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone on the BOC live in or nrear Rulo NE? I'm trying to find a catfishing partner to hook up with. Please correct me if I'm wrong,buy isn't our fishing licences good for both sides of the river(Missouri)? I'm a lady,married with children,another woman who loves to catfish as much as I do would be great,but I will go with a gentlemen if he is honest and just out for fishing only.

Any responces would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    pk_powell(Pat):big_smile:

11. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I live in Auburn, and fish down by Nemaha occasionally been bank fishing on the Missouri a couple times too.

12. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Yes it is.
    Taken from this years Nebraska fishing regs:
    Missouri River (South Dakota, Iowa
    and Missouri): Anglers holding a valid
    Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa or
    Missouri sport fishing license or permit
    may fish all waters of the Missouri
    River in the state they are licensed, as
    well as Missouri River waters of the
    state immediately across that river.

13. Jebbie

Jebbie New Member

State:
    TN
    It not only applies to the Missouri, but a few lakes such as Carter Lake as well. I fish along the banks of Dodge Park in Omaha legally.

14. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Woods is the only one Iv'e been to , Vickie is a great lady and tries to keep a good stock.

15. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Oh yeah she's a great gal. Do they still have those two lazy cats that lie around everywhere. I think I went to Woods more to let my daughter play with those cats than actually getting stuff that I needed for fishing. :lol:

SudDawg

16. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Yes , they are still there, fat and lazy .
    Brian

17. suddawg

suddawg New Member

That's great, I'll have to take my daughter there when I get back. She absolutely loved those cats.

SudDawg